Back to Dubai
Intersec Will Mark its Return at Dubai World Trade Center from 16-18 January
The 23rd edition of the event, under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Mansoor Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, will be staged under the theme of ‘Uniting the world’s leading industry specialists for the safety & security of future generations.’ The first industry gathering of 2022 aims to bring the entire ecosystem of emergency services, security and safety together at one time. Demonstrating Intersec’s strategic importance to the UAE, long-standing Official Supporters include Dubai Police, Dubai Civil Defense, Security Industry Regulatory Agency (SIRA) and Dubai Municipality.
Intersec’s innovation and technology focus will include its Cyber Lab offering a vital platform for knowledge. Organizer Messe Frankfurt has worked closely with industry stakeholders, from both the private and public sector, to develop an event that reflects both their current and future needs that offers attendees bespoke platforms to gain expert insight on future capacity and capabilities.
Christine Davidson, Intersec’s Group Exhibition Director, said: “There has never been such an intense focus as there is today on the security and safety industry which has been at the frontline of protecting the world’s communities over the last 18 months during this time of significant global disruption. Having invested heavily to deliver an outstanding program that will address the sector’s most vital issues and opportunities, Intersec 2022 brings the industry together at this crucial juncture to share knowledge from recent experiences and look to the future with the event’s most powerful series of conferences including multiple platforms for strategic G2G, G2B and B2B discussions and deep dive sessions into key sector verticals.”
Ms Davidson added: “The phenomenal development in the framework of the show will see the best minds in the industry come to the table with the most content-rich program ever seen at Intersec. We have the most comprehensive line-up of international and regional speakers, dynamic networking opportunities, coupled with world-class exhibitors to bring the most relevant value to Intersec’s attendees. We have built a world-class team to deliver this event and over the coming weeks we will be sharing further details of our elite speakers and conference program that will demonstrate the extraordinary value of the event to our attendees.”
Seen as a nexus for the industry, Intersec plans to bring together thousands of its most powerful stakeholders for bilateral government and business discussions on mitigating and addressing vulnerabilities of the future. They will be joined by leading regional and international brands exhibiting innovative systems and solutions in a dynamic environment that will enable face-to-face and virtual exchange through interactive roundtables, workshops and ‘closed-door’ confidential conversations.
Cyber Security is one of seven product sections at the annual event, joining Commercial Security; Fire & Rescue; Perimeter & Physical Security; Safety & Health; and Homeland Security & Policing.
In 2022 Intersec conference promises a unprecedented 3-day conference program with six content pillars targeting emergency services, security, and safety professionals. Each of the six pillars features its own dedicated conference, packed with new content material and speakers, offering attendees a platform to benchmark, innovate, collaborate, ideate, and be inspired. The conferences which will run simultaneously between the 16 – 18 January 2022, include:
- ‘Global Security Leaders Summit’ – a hard-hitting summit featuring global security leaders discussing, debating, and exchanging perspectives on global security challenges, strategic initiatives, and cooperation to foster safety and security of all. Topics to be featured involve responding to national shifts and crisis, the future of law enforcement, and leadership in civil defence among others.
- ‘Protecting Future Connected Cities and Citizens’ - brings together global government leaders, municipalities, policymakers, consultants and technology experts to communicate, share ideas and identify solutions required to create and maintain safe and resilient cities using the latest cutting-edge technologies and best practices from around the world. It will feature case studies, demos on how to create safe venues, insights on surveillance tools, principles of protective safety and more.
- ‘Agile First Responders Conference’ - a direct reflection of the industry’s most pressing issues, the conference will cover best practice, shared learnings, innovations, tactics and strategy for planning & preparedness, operations and emergency response, resilience & business continuity planning and technical rescue while looking at the industries state of the art technologies to protect lives and assets. Topics in the spotlight include emergency planning and preparedness, operations & emergency response, best practices to manage risk among many others.
- ‘Nexus Workshops’ - provides emergency responders an opportunity for practical benchmarking and knowledge exchange on drills, policies, procedures, and practical training and will cover the before, during and after of incident management.
- ‘Safeguarding Critical Infrastructure’ – a forum to identify potential threats to critical infrastructure, building security and smart construction. Dubai has identified 11 critical infrastructure sectors, this conference in particular has been designed to highlight defence, preparedness, and response strategies for each one.
- ‘Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Focus Day’ – this focused program presents Saudi Arabian mega projects, planning and strategy. Project leaders, government stakeholders and experts will share exclusive insights into the current challenges and opportunities presented by the rapid expansion of the region’s largest market.
Commenting on the outstanding program, Alex Nicholl, Messe Frankfurt Middle East’s Head of Intersec, said: “For 22 years, Intersec has been renowned for being the only event in the region which brings the entire ecosystem of emergency services, security and safety together at one time. This elevated conference program is a strong sign of our commitment to ensuring that those who attend derive clear value from the show, by having the ability to immerse themselves and contribute to conversations that will shape the future of the world and their respective industries. The industry is going through exponential rapid change, Intersec 2022 is meeting the demand for knowledge sharing and presenting the most innovative solutions for the industry. We look forward to welcoming visitors and having them experience first-hand the immense work that has gone into making this edition the most compelling show yet.”
Cybersecurity and Technology
The UAE Cyber Security Council has announced a strategic partnership with Intersec to introduce the first ever Cyber Security Lab at Intersec 2022. The new Cyber Security Lab was developed to focus on investigative techniques, forensic capabilities, and public-private partnerships to prevent cross border digital terrorism.
Highlighting its importance, His Excellency Dr. Mohamed Al Kuwaiti, Head of the UAE Cyber Security Council, will be inaugurating the Cyber Lab conference. His Excellency said: “The Cyber Security Council aims, during its participation in the global event, to shed light on the UAE’s innovative and advanced initiatives in cybersecurity and the country’s efforts to establish effective global partnerships, exchange experiences, and unify global efforts to address cross-border cyber-attacks to enhance global digital security.”
The cyber program will include discussions on rapid changes in the industry, key trends and the growth in emerging innovations and technology advancements. An innovative line-up of live activities including an interactive three-day hackathon will include some of the region’s most ambitious students and exciting Start-Up’s. Also new to the program is the Intersec Cyber Awards recognising global and regional talent. A significant focus on diversity in Cyber Security will feature throughout the program, plus the role of education and academia in growing talent.
*Messe Frankfurt Middle East
P.O. Box 26761
Vereinigte Arabische Emirate
+971 4 3380102
+971 4 3380102